Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm cool, I swear.

Not wanting to dispel any notion that I am the Office Dork and officially the Least Professional Person Ever, today someone came by my desk and there I was (middle of my lunch break, but still), in the middle of reading Breaking Dawn, the latest installment in the teen-vampire melodrama manifesto, with my legs akimbo and my shoes scattered all over my cubicle. And this is what she said:

"That's very ladylike, Kate."

"Well fuck you very much", I should have said.

________________________________

What's with the big "Tampon Taboo"? I myself have fallen prey to it. Not wanting to carry a visible tampon to the bathroom with me, I find myself stuffing it up my sleeve, in my waistband, in my bra...it's a little ridiculous if you ask me. It's not really any more weird to carry a tampon in full view to the bathroom than it is to drop it out of your bra or your sleeve, which is a definite risk if decide to go that route.

Then again, the people in my office might not be surprised if a tampon fell out of my sleeve, to them that probably seems like something I might do.

_______________________________

All this talk of me being uncool makes me a little uncomfortable, like those two people from Maryland who viewed my blog might think I'm uncool and not want to view my blog anymore.

10 REASONS I'M COOL:
1. I listen to Wilco.
2. I listen to SonVolt, which is pre-wilco wilco.*
3. I'm a graphic designer
4. I own many pencil skirts
5. I live in a city.
6. I use curse words and still manage to look educated. I think.
7. I own a hip, expensive, inbred dog.
8. I have commissioned artwork from a local artist
9. ....of my dog.
10. I have a snarky blog.

*The rest of this list may or may not be negated by the fact that after I typed number's one and two, I had a hard time coming up with any more reasons why I was cool, which may or may not mean that the only credit to my coolness is the fact that I listen to Wilco. You decide.

0 comments: