Friday, July 25, 2008

Oliver goes Ice Fishing

___________________________________________________

This morning took Oliver out to pee and went back to bed for a while, and when I went out to the garage to go to work, I discovered it had been pouring rain all that time, and there was Oliver, looking pathetic and dumber than usual with his little soggy ears plastered to his face. I wish I had a picture of it, but instead I'll have to make due with an equally stupid picture of him, all dressed up for a hard day of ice fishing winter in st. louis.

Sometimes I wish I had another dog to keep him company (although, this feeling never lasts more than about as long as it takes me to go outside and witness the destruction he's wrought), since it's apparent to me that he's excruciatingly bored/cooped-up/lonely/sad in the backyard all by himself. Recently he's taken to attempting to jump our eight foot plank board fence. Since Oliver is more like a giant, fifteen pound flea, and less like a normal domestic dog, this is entirely possible. C and I have witnessed it if you want further proof. Other things that he does include making nests out of trash and his dog house bedding, pooping all over the garage, eating his bone on top of my car and dumping his dog food all over the porch. He's so charming, sometimes I can't stand it.

But really, I do love him a lot. How can you not love a creature that will willingly put on an ice fishing hat in the winter because he's ACTUALLY that cold? That's right, you have no recourse.

0 comments: