Sunday, August 7, 2005

The past couple of weeks have been surprisingly fufilling. I've been keeping myself busy and I actually LIKE to be busy, despite what people think hahaha.

Spent a couple days down in Charleston last week. Why don't I ever make it down there more often? I love that place and I miss Heather, and I like her freinds. What's my problem? Took pictures of pelicans on Wednesday and they turned out really nice. I'm happy with them. I'm really sick of this internship and I need it to end. Things I learned during this internship: that I do not want to take pictures of wildlife in South Carolina for the rest of my life. Gah...

So I went into Lowes today and proceeded to confirm the fact that I have way too much estrogen for my own good. I was looking for a "display shelf" as it turns out (thats the technical term, anyhow). I didn't know that until I got to lowes and tried to explain to the sales man (who spoke very little english) what I was looking for: "One of those shelves, you stick it on the wall..y'know what im talking about? its just a board with some supports...no? ok...." Finally I find the "display shelf" section after wandering around aimlessly. Here I am, staring at an entire WALL of different types of shelves, and I was totally overwhelmed. Apparently you have to have different screws for drywall. Ok, I knew that, but hell if i know how to install these special screws, or what they're called, or where to find them...you get the point. A nice man helped me because I think I looked ultra pathetic. Then he passed me off to a Lowes employee because I think I MIGHT be a lost cause...

Last night I spent the evening laying around with the boys and buying a Torah (long story). Today I ran errands and felt productive. And I sorted my slides which were comPLETELY out of control. Story of my life...Tonight I get a sorely needed night to myself. <i><b>*Question*</i></b> Does it make me a bitch if I like nights to myself? Right now I'm cleaning and rockin out to nineties bands on Napster. It's a good day...

0 comments: