Monday, December 1, 2008

ok Ok OK, I'm updating every day starting.......NOW.

So it's December and I no longer have any excuse not to update every day. I'M GONNA DO IT.
Plus, I've been provided with a "theme" for my December entries. This is good. I work well with structure. For December my theme is: "THANKS."

I had a little time to think about this. THANKS (caps not my edit) is a pretty broad theme. THANKS a lot! THANKS for nothing! THANKS for the memories! You get the idea.

So today, December 1, 2008, I will write a list of what I am thankful for, in general. You know, for starters.

I'M THANKFUL FOR:

  • My job. Even though sometimes I want to lay down in my cubicle and kick and scream and throw my chair through the window*. Or cut myself with the paper cutter. You know, all the usual office related death wishes. This is par for the course with an office job, right? Right?! The truth is, I do like my job. I'm thankful for the stability it brings to my life. I'm thankful for the occasional piece I get to add to my portfolio because of it.
  • C. Ya'll, sometimes I don't even recognize myself when I'm with him because I'm all gushy and twittery and ridiculous. OK, sometimes, along the lines of the ridiculous, I want to shove his face in the dirty laundry that he lets pile up and let him lay there and think about it. That's not very often though. Usually my response to the laundry (and everything else he does) is: "I love him!!! It's ok!" The bottom line is: I love him enough to do his laundry** and make bread when he asks and scratch his back 20,000,000,0005011 times a day.***
  • For my new gmail "skin" which changes to match the weather in Saint Louis. It was pretty cool when it was rainy or sunshine-y but now that it's snowing its SUPER COOL because it displays little piles of snow on top of my Google chats, even when I expand them out of window!
  • For Daniel's co-worker who came over and clipped Rex's wings for me last night, free of charge. Now he can't fly to the top of my kitchen cabinets and crap all over everything I own every time I let him out of his cage. You know what they say...if something is a little bitch to you every time you come near it, render it immobile and dependent on you for it's life. That'll teach him.
  • For the foresight to start buying Christmas presents for people three months ago. Go me!
  • For my mom, dad, and siblings. They're the bomb. Special props to my mom who made a whole brisket for thanksgiving even though we already had three turkeys. That's right, THREE whole turkeys. And a brisket.
Ok, I have other things that I'm thankful for but I'm supposed to fill up a whole month of thankfulness in my blog, so I better give it a rest. More later, perhaps.


*While sitting in it.
**He does do his own laundry, just not as frequently as we need it.
***get some lotion already!

0 comments: