Thursday, October 9, 2008

Annnnnnnnnd I'm back.

Honestly? Sometimes I just get in a funk and I don't feel like documenting my day anymore. It might have something to do with the fact that theres only so much I can write about name tags and attorney bios before I fall into a deep depression. And previous to last week, this was how my days went:

7:00 AM: alarm 1 goes off
7:10 AM: alarm 1 goes off
7:15 AM: alarm 1 goes off
7:20 AM: alarm 1 goes off, C puts phone on vibrate and sticks it in my pillowcase.
8:20 AM: wake up, take a shower
9:15 AM: roll into work.
9-10 AM: read the news, drink slim fast.
11 AM - 5 PM: make nametags.


See? That was even boring for me to write so I can't imagine how it is to read. Lately, I have make some pretty flashy nametags though. My best nametag work ever, I think. Heres a sample:
I dare you to tell me that isn't the best lookin' nametag you've ever seen....


....Thats what I thought.

All this makes me think maybe I should post some of my REAL graphic design, because belive it or not sometimes I do things that aren't as banal as nametags. That would take a lot of work, I think. Maybe that's a post for another day.

_______________________________

So, the previous section of this post might have gotten you wondering why up until a week ago my life was so boring, where henceforth it ceased to be so. Well, I've whipped up a little illustration to tell you, since words don't really do it justice. And why not?
Here it is:
This graphic effectively makes my accident look a lot worse than it was, since in real life it happened at a stop light and I'm pretty sure his truck was going less than one mile per hour. But STILL. Poor Stoie was grossly mismatched.

Now I'm on the hunt for a new car and let me tell you how much I hate it:

ALOT.

I'm conflicted about the role of the men in my life in my search for a car. I mean, who's right is it to say that I can't just stroll into Ye Old Joe Sixpack (haha) Car Shoppe and pick out the first car I like? But noooo...C wants spreadsheets and research and all the men want me to do something called "The Numbers". I still haven't figured out what that is. I sort of halfheartedly did a spreadsheet, but let me tell you...I didn't like it.

I'll keep everyone updated on this situation for sure, including copious pictures of new car.

___________________________________

Today in between jobs at work I'm reading a forum for polyamorous and polyfidelous (?) families and let me tell you, this is blowing my mind. And I'm not even a close minded person, but I'm starting to think maybe I am. I mean, I just wasn't aware that something like co-breastfeeding existed. And Five adults sleeping in the same bed? Naming your children after common weather patterns? Maybe it's just not for me, but I would have a hard time explaining how I came to name my children Loki, Xaeil, Sunshine, Rainy and Breezy.

I guess I'm just the most boring person ever.

1 comments:

Callie said...

Fwiend! Hooray for updating your blog! I was feeling seriously deprived... Now I just need to update, but I don't have anything to say!@#!!!@#!! I love you! I will buy you something pretty don't worry...