Thursday, August 14, 2008

Meow.

During my lunch break today I read about a cat fashion show recently held in NYC. I couldn't imagine that there are more than about three cats on earth that would put up with that shit (one of them is Ethan, my roommates cat, see below), so I looked it up and APPARENTLY, there's a whole subculture of people devoted to dressing up their cats. And no, neither me nor my roommate belongs to said sub-culture, despite what the pictures suggest. My research seems to suggest, based on pictorial evidence, that despite the alarming percentage of human beings who delight in regularly outfitting their cats, approximately 0% of the world's cat population (aside from Ethan) does more than barely tolerate the world of "cat fashion." I've posted the following pictures, most indicative of my research findings.


PHOTO ESSAY TIME:

Double Triple whammy: pink, dress, leash. Look at this cat, truly he is experiencing the perfect storm of humilation.












Not only does this cat have no hair, but he is wearing a feathery hat, which looks agonizingly like something he would like to chase and destroy. This cat posture says to me: "my spirit has been defeated. "









DO NOT WANT.











This kitty is desperately trying to maintain a modicum of pride through her posture and refusal to look at the camera.












All of this in stark contrast to the dog fashion models:

"if I humiliate myself, you will give me a cookie/ham/pepperoni/"













PS: the title of this post is totally lame, i know.

0 comments: