Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sexy Rexy

Today in addition to work I:

  • looked up information on multiple births
  • participated in an online photoshop contest (DORK)
  • read the comics
  • spent copious amounts of time on craigslist looking up the following things that were for sale:
    • birdcages
    • old wedding dresses
    • washing machines
    • houses
    • briggs and stratton engines
    • horses and ponies
    • Nigerian Dwarf Goat
    • mountain bikes
Admittedly, perusing craigslist always starts out innocently enough. "Oh, Rex needs a bigger cage, the lawn mower is broken and my friend needs a new washing machine." I'll leave it up to you to try and discern what particular train of thought got me from washing machine to Nigerian Dwarf Goat.

________________________________________

I've started working out again and last night I got hooked into "BODY BLAST" which is about exactly as awful as it sounds. I reckon they got the name from the fact that after you complete "Body Blast" you will probably feel like your body has been "blasted" by something heavy, like an anvil or an artillery shell. I probably shouldn't have started my workout regimen back up with something with that name but when I was invited to the class by a woman who is at least 168 years old, the two shreds of pride I had left at that point wouldn't let me refuse. Needless to say, that old woman quickly showed me that I am a weak, flabby person who doesn't deserve to be 23 and in the prime of life.

_______________________________________

To finish, I must report that baby Rex: (see below - to refresh your memory)

Is now teenage Rex, and while no longer requiring bi-daily feedings, is now what C affectionately calls "a little shit." I'm sure that moniker has been accurately applied to teenagers throughout the annuls of history, but probably none so accurately as it is applied to Rex. For something that gets toys, food, treats, accesories and attention galore, he sure does a whole hell of a lot of hissing and biting and generally telling me where I can stick it. Not unlike a human teenager, I would imagine.

Pretty much the only endearing thing about him at this point is that he has learned the following:
  • Cat Call
  • "Seventy Six Trombones"
  • the beeping on the microwave
Maybe the third one is somewhat less endearing than the other two, but still. He is also molting and thus in addition to his unending bad attitude and incessant cat calling (also not unlike a human teenager, I suppose), he looks like we put him in the blender. I promise we didn't, but I can't promise that we havne't thought about it.

NOW, it's five o-clock.

0 comments: