Friday, May 2, 2008

Seventy Six Trombones in the Big Parade

Today for a brief interlude I spent some time looking up cockatiels on the internet and thinking I might want one. When I was little I had a cockatiel. His name was Merle and he was awesome...so I got to thinking about how I'd like to have another Merle and teach him to cat call and sing Seventy Six Trombones. I also got to thinking about how it was my job to take care of Merle and he died, so I obviously wasn't doing something right. Lastly, I got to thinking about how the last bird I got was brutally devoured by Oliver.

Maybe I shouldn't get a bird.

Also, this brings to mind how little actual work I did today.
____________________

There's a warning on my keyboard that says:

"Some experts believe that the use of any keyboard may cause serious injury."

That seems like a pretty serious warning for something as innocuous as a keyboard.

Other things that can cause serious injury:

  • knives
  • guns
  • skydiving
  • crop dusting
  • working in a chemical plant
  • nuclear meltdown

Time to go home, thank God.

0 comments: