Monday, May 21, 2007

May 21, 2007

Ollie cut his foot!! Honest to god, my dogs are like CHILDREN.

And how did I end up with so many animals in my house anyway? Honestly, I don't think any of us intended for it to get this out of hand. We have a veritable menagerie:

Oliver, Henry, and Penny the dogs.
Dinah, Milo, and Ethan the cats.
Rupert and Enya, the african cichlids.
X, the wren egg that we rescued from the holly bush outside the door.

I'm not sure that poor X is alive anymore. He had a brother, Y, but we cut him open to see if we weren't incubating yolks. We weren't. And now I feel bad for potentially ending the life of a bird fetus.

My life is weird, I know.

I need to go buy new books. Tommorow. Tommorow when I FINALLY have money again.

Sigh. IT's gonna be so great....I read a great one by Michael Cunningham. "Specimen Days." Everyone should go read it, but I'm not going to try and explain it, because when I do, people invariable think I'm insane.

I'm out, kids. It's bedtime I think.

0 comments: