Friday, August 26, 2005

I'm tired. I think that's the brunt of the problem. I'm tired, I have a sore throat, and a fever, and a headache.

It is so gorgeous outside. Where did this weather come from?? It's like spring and I love it. Unfortunately for me, it'll be gone in a matter of days and go back to being bloody seven million degrees outside with 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999% humidity. A fucking clothes dryer. But hey, life is actually good right now if you take away the bad stuff like being sick and my grandmother dying. I am happily busy most of the time, and I have good freinds and good family. I actually like my job, which is a minor miracle.

La la la I don't care I don't care :::covers ears with hands:::

I miss my mama.

<lj-cut text="here's a poem">
Still
Her blue glass is undisturbed in it's curio
with no notion of it's fate.
The clock on her wall is still ticking,
it won't stop because
she or anyone else has come and gone.
Nor the relentless irony of the fact that you are the only part of her
that haunts this space now
in whose veins flow hot blood and tears.
You and that house
are orphaned together now.

Is this how she felt when you flew away?
Wandering in the space you left,
touching your things-
-your warm pillow,
the grocery list in your hand writing,
clothes that still smelled like you-
and knowing without a doubt
that you wouldn't catch her?

Soon you will have to perform
the forbidden ritual of taking down her blue glass
and all the things that made her mark on this earth,
and the orphaned house will be the same space it was
before she arrived.
-KRF 2005
</lj-cut>
Ok, so I haven't written in a while. So shoot me, I was feeling the spirit because of my grandma...

I don't think I'm gonna go to temple tonight. I'm not feeling well enough to sit in temple and be comepletely confused for an hour and a half...

0 comments: