Friday, November 14, 2008

NaBloPoMo

Yesterday I joined NaBloPoMo as extra incentive to update EVERY DAY. Get excited!

I'm not going to put up the November NaBloPoMo badge becauuuuse November is half over and I definitely haven't posted every day.

_________________________________________

In other news, November is half over!! How?!

Tomorrow it is supposed to snow in Saint Louis. GREAT. I used to really think snow was awesome, because it only happened once every ten years in South Carolina. Well, the reason for that is because snow is only awesome IF it happens once every ten years. You need at least ten years between snows to forget how much they suck. I mean, don't get me wrong, snow is pretty. If you happen to be in the country, in a quiet field surrounded by sleeping trees and with grey-blue sky stretching as far as the eye can see. If you have a snug coat and cute hat on, even better. Snowflakes will fall on your nose and eyelashes and everything and everything will shimmer with joy. Yeah.

Unfortunately when it snows on Indiana Avenue, immediately it turns grey and fills up with dirt and soot and crack needles. Oliver goes out into the yard and refuses to go further than two inches away from the porch so the snow in our yard is spotted with dog poop and pee. I consistently Soooo, not that great. Nothing magical about that.

___________________________________________

Speaking of Oliver, this morning when I woke up I found a present that he left me IN MY SHOWER. When he was a puppy, I understood this sort of behavior a lot better. I said to myself, why wouldn't the equivalent of a two year old child come and poop in my house? As he got older, I said "sure, the equivalent of a 15 year old person SHOULDNT be pooping in the shower, but this is oliver so maybe that fifteen year old is delayed a couple years"...if you know what I mean.

Now he is equivalent to a thirty year old human and i truly, TRULY cannot think of a good reason why a 30 year old man would drop a deuce in my shower. He's getting gray on his muzzle now, so he's got to be old enough to know that pooping in the shower is bad. I'm sure theres a wise adage about this somewhere (as you all know, my grandfather was a sailor so I know ALL ABOUT adages):

"Gray on your muzzle, don't poop in the shower."

....

I love him, but sometimes I think back on the day I picked him out. There were literally HUNDREDS of dogs there (it was a puppy farm, mistake no. 1) and I picked the dumbest one. Sure he was pretty and expensive, but he was dumb from the start. That's very classic kate behavior, by the way. Sort of like my $350 leather boots. Pretty, expensive, and a very dumb idea from the start. Of course I still love them (a lot, much like Oliver, I will cry when they bite the dust). My boots don't poop in the shower though. Not to my knowledge, anyway.

In other animal news, C just informed me that Ethan got locked in a room and was screaming bloody murder. IF there's any living thing in the house dumber than Oliver, its quite possibly Ethan. Here is a picture of him, telling me how he really feels:

Ethan is also a pooper. So is Dinah Lou, since Ethan moved in. Between the cats and Oliver, its often like the book of revelations come to life in this house.

ALSO, look how THIN I was! I guess that's what livin' off of cigarettes and adderall will do for you.




Anyway, its my lunch break now so I'm going ot watch the office.

0 comments: