Friday, September 12, 2008

KICKBALL HERO *update*

Recently, C got asked to be the interim captain of the Kickball Team while the real captain is away. I thought it was nice of the guy to add "you AND KATE played well this weekend" in the text of his email. Yes yessss you and Kate played well, but Kate is clearly not fit to lead.

It's ok because:
A. I don't know any of the rules of kickball anyway. Not one. "Hey, you uhh, yeah you...why dont you play...farthest away from the home plate thingie and try to score some baskets?!"
B. Extreme prowess in kickball / leadership skills sort of are a turn on. Childhood game mad skillz turn you on? What do you think of THAT Freud?!
C. I just know he was secretly SO proud to be asked.

___________________________________

Today I've been listening to music in my kyoob (hows that for phonetics?!) without my headphones on. I don't give a shit if no one else wants to hear my "Wilco / The Who / Dreams of Northumbria / *Insert obscure dulcimer player here* Plays Bach Classics!" playlist? Whatever, office. Everyone needs some Northumbrian pipes and dulcimer in their day. Happy Friday!

__________________________________

Speaking of work, how come I never fuckin' win the Denim Day drawing?! Each and every friday I faithfully put on my "finest denim" just like the interoffice memo says and I still get no love.

That being said, I wish every day was Denim Day.

0 comments: