Tuesday, May 6, 2008

things to do at work

_________________________

C started work today!! He's the cutest airline pilot in the entire universe and don't you dare try to dispute it:
























You'll have to excuse this photo, because it was tragically early for me and I couldn't operate a camera, apparently.
_____________________

The last couple of days at work I've been doing two big ongoing projects. Wow, that sounds important Kate! Wrong. The projects consist of:

Making Nametags for Mix and Mingle Events

You may think that this job wouldn't take two days, but you're absolutely wrong. These people are SERIOUS about nametags. Serious enough to designate the job to their graphic designer. The thing is, I've never really been all that serious about nametags myself, or really even thought about them come to think of it. The most memorable nametags I've encountered have been of the "Hello My Name is: *insert something witty or gross here*" variety. Most of the time you don't see people walking around an event going "hey, have you seen these nametags? These are slick."

This is what I get for being the most junior, youngest, greenest person in the entire company. I'm not complaining because I can finally afford to go to the dentist and buy things like...a cockatiel because my new salary. But still...ok maybe I am complaining.
_____________

SPEAKING OF BUYING THINGS WITH MY NEW SALARY

Ok, I admit that with my first paycheck I did approxamately zero percent of the useful things I needed to do.

Things I needed to do with my money:


  • Go to the OBGyn so I don't get pregnant
  • Go to the dentist so I don't become toothless
  • Go to the optometrist so I am not blind
  • Take the animals to the vet so they don't get rabies
  • Register my car so I don't get arrested.

Things I did with my money:


  • Bought a swimsuit
  • Bought a lamp
  • Bought green sheets
  • Bought a skirt and a shirt for work which I immediately hated the second they came out of the box but will keep anyway because I have the crappiest work wardrobe ever.
  • Bought a cockatiel
  • Bought sound blocking headphones so people will leave me alone at work during my lunch break.

I realize that the Things I Needed to Do list includes lots of scary words like "pregnant" "toothless" "arrested" "rabies" and "blind" and the Things I Did list includes lots of useless words like "lamp" and "cockatiel" and basically all of the words on the list. But it was my FIRST PAYCHECK. Anyway, I have another one coming next week, it'll all be ok.
___________________


I'll leave you with a picture of Rex. No I don't want to talk about how impulsive this was.






















0 comments: