Thursday, May 8, 2008

new computer

I FINALLY got a new computer at work.

In other news I've recently been informed that Rex needs to be hand fed twice a day. I wasn't planning on hand feeding anything in my life until it was either A. a human baby or B. my parents in a state of advanced old age. And even then, both of these situations would involve beings with more reasoning power than a baby cockatiel. I would sincerely hope so, anyway.

_________________________

I've gotten a little sick of people coming into my office and making comments about how dark it is. It's dark because I asked the maintenance guys to take out the bulbs in the hospital quality x-ray strength florescent light over my head so my retinas wouldn't burn out of my head while I worked. But even with the light bulbs out, its not THAT dark. Excuse me if I haven't been working here long enough to forget what sunlight feels like on my face, or how kittens sound or what love feels like.

That may be a little too bleak of an assessment of my workplace. But the point is, I have a big window in my cubicle. Sure, it may not overlook a field of daffodils (actually, my view is an abandoned apartment complex and some rooftops), but my computer desktop IS a field of daffodils, so that combined with the indirect, grey city light coming through my window is enough to sometimes make me think about something other than the fact that i sit in a cubicle most of my day.

Well, back to work...sigh.

0 comments: